Gain peace of mind that you have a copy outside of Xero
Protect your business-critical Xero-based accounting data against human error and other disasters.
Why you need third-party backup
Xero will do an excellent job keeping your data safe, but it can’t help if the problem originated from within your organisation.
Without a separate backup strategy, you risk losing Xero data if:
- A new employee has deleted data in error or imported transactions wrongly
- A disgruntled employee has wreaked havoc, sabotaging files and deleting contacts
- An app you were trialing has pushed unwanted data into your accounting records or drastically altered contact details, records about deals or company data.
Ignoring the need for a third-party backup is a major gamble. Xero’s own Services Agreement states: “You must maintain copies of all data inputted into the service. Xero expressly excludes liability for any loss of data no matter how caused.”
Gain peace of mind that you have a copy outside of Xero
With Redstor you can protect your data with just a few clicks, scale protection easily and there’s no impact on local bandwidth and no capital expenditure.
Backups run to an automated schedule so unlike when backing up Xero manually via CSV, there is no risk of outdated data or bad CSV file imports that often lead to irreversible data loss or hours of work clearing up an account.
Data is encrypted at source and remains encrypted at all times. There’s no circumventing Xero security and you can set role-based permissions.
Simplify and automate your data management and assign consistent protection polices across your entire data estate with one central, easy-to-use system.
A simple, monitorable and auditable process enables you to speed up Subject Access Requests.
Recovering quickly is difficult, if not impossible, when all your data is with one provider, who subsequently suffers an issue.
You can avoid that risk by backing up Xero data within your organisation directly from Xero to the Redstor cloud.
Protecting and recovering your Xero data with Redstor couldn’t be easier.
- Authorise with a few clicks and your backups will begin
- Set your backups to run as often as you want with no work interruptions
- Retain a history for as long as you or client wishes
- Download files as many times as you want – there’s no charge
- No need to wait for entire systems or large files to be recovered - start working on what you need straight away
- Stream from the cloud while the recovery completes in the background
- Try out something new without affecting your live accounting information
- View your key accounting reports at a historical point in time
- Download a copy of all transactions for a particular year
- Get a copy of all attachments, including receipts within Xero
- Check out any of your online backups via a virtual drive without taking up space on your primary storage
- One click is all it takes to restore backups
- Only you have access to the encryption key, so unlike other online backup services, only you can decrypt and recover your backup data
All this is protected:
Automate backups of:
- accounts (including attachments),
- assets (including draft, disposed and registered assets),
- asset types,
- asset settings,
- batch payments (including history),
- branding themes,
- bank transactions (including attachments and history),
- bank transfers (including attachments and history),
- contacts (including attachments,
- history, and UK construction industry scheme settings),
- contact groups, currencies,
- credit notes (including attachments and history),
- employees, overpayments (including history),
- file associations,
- payments (including history),
- prepayments (including history),
- project tasks,
- project time entries,
- projects users,
- purchase orders (including attachments and history),
- quotes (including attachments and history),
- receipts (including attachments and history),
- repeating invoices (including attachments and history),
- tax rates,
- tracking categories,
- expense claims (including history),
- invoices (including attachments and history),
- invoice reminders,
- linked transactions,
- manual journals (including attachments),
- organisation settings (including UK construction industry scheme settings).
The need to retain control
Organisations must have procedures in place to protect business critical data. There are financial penalties for falling foul of the Data Protection Act 2018, the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Article 32 of the GDPR clearly states that organisations must ‘restore the availability and access to personal data in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident’.
Peace of mind
Backing up Xero with Redstor is a tiny investment, but the reassurance that your financial data is both protected and controlled is huge.
If for any reason you want to cancel a subscription, you can download an offline backup of your full audit trail, including attachments to your source documents and reference data. In the event you want to close off a client, you can get all their data out of Xero, including attachments. You can also be sure of emergency access to important reports if Xero is offline.
User Access Management for greater control and security
The RedApp, Redstor’s app for smart data management and protection, has been specifically designed to give organisations a whole new level of visibility and control.
Secured by the very latest multi-factor authentication technology, Redstor’s highly granular, configurable identity access management, enables you to:
- Create and manage user identities within a single interface
- Customise and control who has access to your data
- Protect key processes with multi-layer security
Within a single interface, organisations can:
- Access Redstor quickly and efficiently, using a number of sign-in methods, protected by two-factor authentication
- Establish a greater level of security with secure, delegated access to relevant products and actions.
- Take control with transparent, granular, user roles and permissions
- Personalise notifications and functionality on a user basis
- Standardise roles and permissions globally
- Improve visibility of user behaviour, including threat analysis and auditing
- Distinguish between a genuine operator, a malicious insider and an attacker so you can quickly and easily address any threat
Identity and Access Management
The RedApp’s Identity and Access Management provides you with the ability to create and manage users.
Creating and assigning a user to a specific product or group will initially define the role. This can then be customised with granular permissions related to functionality within the RedApp.
Users can sign in to the RedApp, using their chosen identity provider. They can also be required to use an authenticator app to perform two-factor authentication (2FA) at login and when deleting accounts or data within the RedApp.
Based upon your own role, you can assign a new user either to a single product or site.
- Enter email address for new user
- New user is then sent an invitation to sign in to RedApp
- During creation you can customise a new user’s permissions e.g. deleting and recovering data, creating and managing other users
- Customise what notifications the new user will receive e.g. backup and recovery status, suspicious files
To activate an account,every user will be required to set up two-factor authentication e.g. time-based, one-time password (Google or Microsoft).
With the correct permissions you can also:
- manage any new users that have been created
- change the user role, permissions and notification preferences
- amend which products and customers a user is assigned to
- reset a password or 2FA on behalf of another user (dependent upon permissions)
Users can manage their own profile from within the RedApp, including name and phone number and can change their registered email address and password (unless signed in with Google or Microsoft).
Backup and recovery brochure
Disaster recovery brochure
G Suite brochure
Microsoft 365 brochure
TRY FOR FREE
Backup and recovery datasheet
G Suite datasheet
Microsoft 365 datasheet
Data management for an on-demand world
Data management for an on-demand world. Take it as Red.
We are disrupting the world of data management with our pioneering technology, which provides borderless visibility and on-demand access to all your data, wherever it is stored, through a single control centre.
Trusted by more than 40,000 clients and 400 partners, we use our proven, industry-leading technology to help you discover, analyse, control and protect your critical data.
Redstor is available worldwide through a network of resellers. For further information please visit www.redstor.com.